18.5.03

I'm back online, and with a fancy shmancy 12 mbps connection. Thought I would share a smattering of interesting and/or odd sites, not all politically motivated, but what the hell...

This site is a spoof written by, from what I can tell, an actual law firm. They got balls, eh?

The Webby Award Nominee list. This has got a top five in 30 categories, lots of fun browsing. Some are quite good, many are just silly. Some I don't think I can resist and will link below...

Good news site that covers journalism itself. Does a good bit of collecting from other sources, a la truthout.

Media Whores Online. The title gives you a pretty good idea what this site is like - somewhat nasty, but usually from a good starting point. Don't know that I'd put my eggs in their basket (I'm more of an 'other cheek' kinda guy) but some interesting stuff.

Counterspin Central. A fellow blogspotter who seems to have views which are sympathetic to ours.

Demographia. All things demographic. I just think this stuff is very cool, and a great research tool. If people start throwing around numbers, very useful to be able to convert raw data into percentages and get at the truth, f'rinstance.

All Africa Good news site, focus on Africa of course.

This one is just a special kinda hilarious I think these people are serious. Live in the 20th century's castle - an underground missile silo! Very limited supply! Be the only kid on the block with this collector's property!

Anyway boys, I'm back and I'm startin to get some ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment