27.5.03

Yep, agree whole-heartedly w/ crit of Pye - it's pretty much what I said in original post. My only interest in him is that skull he's got, and what it's about. Doubt it'll be as he hopes it to be, but I do think there is something unusual about it, and I'm curious what that is.

Those two articles both have many holes. I'm most curious about the electromagnetic wave one, tho - it does dance around some conspiracy subjects (like HAARP) but aside from all that, it has some interesting things which I'd not known about before, such as the Schumann waves that propogate in the atmosphere (and fit alpha wave patterns of the brain). If there is truth to any of the things proposed in the article, then I think it would be a promising point from which to jump off and do some research. Thoughts on that one?

As to whether a mysterious investigations mag has any place in our dialogue, I would say it does - if only to help keep us intellectually honest. I would hope that one of the things we foster here is not only critical analysis, but also open minds. Being dismissive of any thought without giving it the proper study is the path to intellectual snobbery and isolation. This is one reason I do tend to intro material which is more contentious than most (within our far-left framework). Even if we study it and find it wanting - as will often be the case - it still is worth the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment